Saudi Arabia says Hajj pilgrimage is on -- with limited numbers

Hajj will go ahead next month but with a “very limited” number of pilgrims allowed to take part, Saudi Arabia said on Monday. The decis...


Hajj will go ahead next month but with a “very limited” number of pilgrims allowed to take part, Saudi Arabia said on Monday.

The decision was taken due to the ongoing threat from the coronavirus pandemic and to preserve “global public health,” the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah said.

Pilgrims taking part will be from various nationalities who already reside in Saudi
About 2.5 million pilgrims performed Hajj last year but the ongoing scale and spread of COVID-19 worldwide means people will not be able to travel to the Kingdom to take part.

The ministry said the decision had been made “in light of continuation of the pandemic and the risks of Coronavirus spreading in crowded spaces and large gatherings.”

The statement said: “A very limited number of pilgrims from various nationalities who already reside in Saudi Arabia, would be able to perform it.



Pilgrims travel to Mount Arafat on the second day of Hajj last year. (Arab News/ Ali Khamg)
“This decision is taken to ensure Hajj is performed in a safe manner from a public health perspective while observing all preventative measures and the necessary social distancing protocols.”

Last year, more than 1.8 million pilgrims traveled to Saudi Arabia from abroad to take part. The Hajj ministry said this year the risk of transmitting the disease between countries and the increase in infections globally meant the risk was too high.

The ministry said Saudi Arabia’s top priority is to always enable Muslim pilgrims can  perform Hajj and Umrah safely and securely.

The Council of Senior Scholars said on Monday it supported what the Kingdom’s decision to limit the number of pilgrims in order to preserve their health and safety.
Meanwhile, Egypt’s Minister of Awqaf, Mohamed Mokhtar Gomaa, said that in light of the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, his country also supports the Kingdom’s decision to limit the number of pilgrims, based on nationalities as well.

Source:Arabnews.com
Name

Business,21,Education,10,entertainment,27,event,5,foreign news,101,gossips,12,News,154,Politics,17,religion,53,sports,27,Video,7,Zongo,33,
ltr
item
Zongo Link Multimedia: Saudi Arabia says Hajj pilgrimage is on -- with limited numbers
Saudi Arabia says Hajj pilgrimage is on -- with limited numbers
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iLKgY0yK4ss/XvE8reQCrAI/AAAAAAAAPdg/ZrbfN-hjWM4BvUHwsXhfzmd3usMnz8LfACLcBGAsYHQ/s640/021EA310-DB3F-4184-999F-2B763B6D8714.jpeg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iLKgY0yK4ss/XvE8reQCrAI/AAAAAAAAPdg/ZrbfN-hjWM4BvUHwsXhfzmd3usMnz8LfACLcBGAsYHQ/s72-c/021EA310-DB3F-4184-999F-2B763B6D8714.jpeg
Zongo Link Multimedia
http://www.zongolinkmultimedia.com/2020/06/saudi-arabia-says-hajj-pilgrimage-is-on.html
http://www.zongolinkmultimedia.com/
http://www.zongolinkmultimedia.com/
http://www.zongolinkmultimedia.com/2020/06/saudi-arabia-says-hajj-pilgrimage-is-on.html
true
8117865796886022374
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy